19 August 2008

Hats on to Us

"Women who wear hats intimidate me the most. It wasn't so bad when everyone wore a hat, but today, the style is limited only to the few, the proud...the tall. I think that's the key word here. Hats were never meant to be worn by women who can stand up under overhead bins on airplanes and not bash their heads in." (unknown)

The Hat. I never feel so fine, so sassy, so flirty as when I wear a hat. Something about that final accessory just defines my character for the day, giving a little pizazz to what could have been just another outfit. I think we need to decorate our hair more often, frame our faces and strut out under the brim of a fabulous hat.

Yes Please! (above: Mer Pleine de Vie Victorian top hat by Vanite De La Mort and below: The Holly by Topsy Turvy Design)



And for those days when something a little smaller, a little daintier is in order, we need a Fascinator!


This one, the Flirty Fascinator (also by Topsy Turvy Design), really needs to adorn my long brown tresses (hint hint to anyone who wants to shower me with love!) while I sip a cinnamon sprinkled rusty nail in Chez Gaudy.

And how could I say no to a huge bloom fluttering in my hair? (below: The Viktoria by Pink Tigers Den)


And when we need something even more subtle, what about a fabulous headband? I know you just posted the work of Vie Moderne, but I can't stop thinking about her gorgeous feathered head pieces. I am trying to decide between these two, but loving them both equally (top: Peacock Feather and Leather Flower Headband and bottom: Pheasant Feather and Leather Flower Headband).


And because I am truly a flower child at heart, I love these "Hippie" headbands by Mary Jane Frances.


'Till we tip our hats to each other next, au revoir my friend.

4 comments:

mme. bookling said...

lovely lovely post, and I was JUST thinking of you this morning when I saw some guy wearing a hat - and thinking of how well you incorporate your hats into the every day.

I always buy hats and then have NO where to keep them so they get lost or loose their shape. I NEED A HAT RACK.

On a different subject, the feel of the Holly hat picture is the photo shoot I want...

UmberDove said...

Oh, that would be a beautiful photo shoot! Yes, yes!

And a hat rack, hmm... sounds like a new search and capture mission.

mme. bookling said...

p.s. i think the green best suits you. you are green.

well, when you aren't white, turqoise, or brown...then you are green. then comes orange. :)

The Noisy Plume: said...

LOVED this post little Umber.
Just loved it.

I adore hats. I like to pull one side of the brim down over just one eye so that I feel slightly hidden.

Last summer while in Europe, whenever I found myself on a solo stroll in the evening, I was NEVER without a hat.

A hat = protection from all sorts of things from banshees to women who want nothing more than to steal your hair color.

Well done.
Hats off to you my darling larkies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails