07 March 2010

Fashion Friday: Fall 2010 Finale

Here is the last installment of a three-part review of the fall fashion shows.  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.


Marc Jacobs
Deliciously retro, high-glamour, and school-girl chic.  Love it.


Prada
Legwear, Legwear, Legwear.  Add plaid and YES PLEASE.

Lim is all about textiles and texture.  Intriguing.

Rachel Comey
I only recently stumbled into this designer because Keri Russel
recommended her in a recent interview.  I've found that female designers (Karan, Herrera)
are so in tune with the way clothes should move on a woman and what parts to highlight on her figure.  Comey falls in line with this.

Zac Posen
A color-palate worthy of royalty.

It is me, or do you see Madonna wearing each of these things?  Oh Donatella...sigh.
Versace

Vivienne Westwood 
Now that's what I call derelict. Superbly done.




Phew!  We did it.  That's wraps up the fall fashion roundup. My top five:

 NUMBER FIVE: MARC JACOBS


NUMBER FOUR: ETRO


NUMBER THREE: PRADA


NUMBER TWO: FENDI


NUMBER ONE: DIOR



We would LOVE to hear your favorites!



all images courtesy of style.com
find the entire fall 2010 list of runway here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the recap - thanks for the installments. I had fun looking through the catwalk video as well.

It sounds as though this will be the final year of Fashion week at Bryant Park. How tragic. Do you know any more about that?

My favs: Balenciaga, Etro & Dior - especially the red chiffon that wasn't among your display:

http://www.twolia.com/blogs/heres-looking-like-you-kid/files/2009/10/thana-kuhnen-nathalie-dior-ss2010.jpg

Fasion *** Sigh

I look forward to your Oscar synopsis...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails