17 November 2010

pretty movies

I am pretty excited about two literary movies coming out soon.  


A new adaptation of "Jane Eyre" with Mia Wasikowska as Jane.

I have seen  SEVERAL attempts, including one with Charlotte Gainsbourg...which changes the story with horrendous blasphemousness AND one with Anna Paquin which is beyond boring).  Focus Features is the production company and pretty reliably great, so I am justifiably hopeful.



AND 


It was just decided that Carey Mulligan will be playing Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann's new adaptation of "The Great Gatsby" (Leo will be playing Gatsby).  Love all of the names listed above, so of course I'll be seeing that! (Though I admit to being dubious that anyone can out-perform Mia Farrow from the 1974 version).


Are you excited about either of these?




1 comment:

frankie said...

I agree that anna paquin is booooring. She doesn't act she just ogles her eyes. I like gainsbourg but she doesn't pick the best movies. finally a movie from baz luhrmann! exciting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails