25 August 2011

Fall Lust List: 2011

Wow, seriously, where has the summer gone?  It has its time just like every other season, but why does it seem so short?!  Oh, right...I live in Seattle.  It's hard to believe I am already leafing through the September issues and amassing my fall lust list.

Let's begin, shall we?


I've been eyeing this skirt from etsy seller Pyxus Passion Project for some time.  It has everything my figure needs in a skirt: small waist, a-line cut, and knee-length.  

Just when I was weaning myself off my TOMS adoration, they had to go and release a new line for fall.  I feel weak at how I love these Scottish Houndstooth classics.  It is a good thing they are sold out in my size.


I present to you my version of the perfect dress (note the similar silhouette to Julia Robert's horse-racing dress in Pretty Woman.  That movie influenced my sense of style more than I care to admit.)  Feminine, modest, breezy, understated, and a gorgeous fall color.


I love French Connection's Winter Bex Beads Top in Vine Red.  I'm on a serious eagle-eye search for gorgeous blouses.  This one will certainly do!


Essie has had the market on affordable nail-polish for some time now, but I am sitting up and paying attention with this "power-clutch" color they describe as a "striking rich, deep gray-green).  I'll take all of the fall 2011 collection, please.


If I could have just one thing for fall, no matter the price, it would be this green Mulberry dress.  I have nothing in this color and I cannot tell you how much I enjoy pleats.  It's so prep-school chic.  This advertisement also happens to be my fall favorite.


EmersonMade has been a long-time favorite of mine; these Stretch BlueBells are on-trend, but made from a true vintage pattern.


 It's time for a statement-makin' dress, ladies (and gent(s)?)!  I spotted this in Lucky Magazine, and even found the blogger who mentioned and wore the dress, but alas - I cannot find the actual dress anywhere.  Nonetheless, I'm looking sharp for a subtle polka-dot print, 60s cut dress for all of my fall outings to jazz clubs and symphonies and swing dances.  I guess I better start going to more jazz clubs, symphonies, and swing dances.

I hope you feel the permission to update your style this fall, even in one small way.

9 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

That polka dot number has me saying amen and falling all over the church floor!

Unknown said...

It's been so fricken hot and humid in NC that I've been reduced to boring shorts and t-shirts. I can't wait to find a new scarf or two for the fall... Maybe a new hat. Suggestions?

-Brother

candacemorris said...

oooh, a boy's lust list?! I'm on it! (with my sartorially-adept hubby)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

The Mulberry dress is perfect! I adore that color and would wear it every damn day.

I am also in love with all things high waisted.

Actually, I'm just going to borrow your list and call it my own.

Bisquit said...

I need a statement looking dress and that super comfy skirt....I didn't know it until just know, though.
Thanks for that,
KF

Snailentina said...

EmersonMade... I love everything she makes and her whole vibe. My fall lust just drove me to indulge in some Frye oxfords. A classy camel coat is also in the list. That nail polish might also have to be brought in.

Julie said...

More fall inspiration please! Something to pair with my scooter, books and southern(ish) location?

N. said...

Beautiful post! I will follow you, do you want to follow me?
http://thinkingincoffeebreak.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails